Quang Nam province on Sunday directed coastal localities to relocate people and tourists to safer places. Ho Quang Buu, Vice Chairman of the provincial People's Committee, estimated that 400,000 people will be relocated.
“Quang Nam has made a detailed plan to evacuate residents and visitors. We’ll relocate between 182,000 people from dangerous areas and 400,000 people depending on the storm’s intensity. By Sunday afternoon, all visitors had been moved to a safe place,” Buu told VOV.
Military forces in Da Nang city have helped fishermen and coastal residents to anchor boats and secure houses before the storm arrives. Da Nang Border Guard forces were deployed to Son Tra district to help fishermen anchor their boats.
Thua Thien-Hue province has mobilized forces to help evacuate people to safer places. The route of Noru is being tracked on the mass media.
Le Truong Luu, Secretary of the Thua Thien-Hue’s provincial Party Committee, said, “We have sent messages via Zalo, phone, and the Hue S app warning people about the typhoon and asking them to be prepared. Rescue and relief forces are on standby. Police will blockade flooded areas and restrict nearby roads. We have mobilized border guards and other rescue forces.”
On Monday morning typhoon Noru crossed the southern end of the Luzon island in the Philippines and entered the East Sea. It is forecast to make landfall on Vietnam’s central coast on Tuesday evening.